Kanpur encounter: First eyewitness account of bloodbath by injured cop | Lucknow News

Kaushalendra Pratap Singh

LUCKNOW: The first damning indictment of sabotage and conspiracy by moles in the police force during the midnight carnage at Bikru village has come from the eye-witness account of an injured station officer of Bithoor police station, Kaushalendra Pratap Singh.
Speaking from his hospital bed, the wounded cop categorically said, that a third team from the local Chaubeypur police station led by the now suspended Inspector Vinay Tiwari didn’t fire a single bullet at the marauding gang even as cops were outnumbered and lay bloodied on the ground.
In a short video, Singh said, “Our targets were not visible in the pitch darkness as a blackout was enforced in the village. Bullets began flying from rooftops and we could not spot the snipers.”
Only the local police team from Chaubeypur knew the topography of the village and the lanes leading to the fortified house of the gangster, Vikas Dubey. They stood mute spectators to the bloodbath even as their boss, Inspector Vinay Tiwari, fled the encounter site with covert directives to his men to muzzle their guns. Three police teams numbering 30 were part of the midnight raid – one from Bithoor, Shivgarh and Chaubeypur.
Singh suffered bullet injuries and was admitted to Regency Hospital in Kanpur in an unconscious state on Thursday. He regained consciousness on Sunday and recounted the sequence of events of the fateful night.
“At around 12.30 am on Thursday, I along with a team set out for a raid after a call from Station officer of Chaubeypur. At 1 am, we reached the village and got down from our vehicles and marched forward. As soon as we walked 100m, an earthmover strategically placed on the road, stopped our movement,” he said.
“Unaware of the trap, we continued to march. Within seconds, bullets began raining from rooftops and our colleagues fell, while others ran for cover. We opened fired, but in vain. Dubey’s men mounted on rooftops were at an advantageous position. They were able to clearly spot us and fired at our heads,” said Singh.
The cop said, he somehow managed to save his life and lives of two other constables, Ajay Kashyap and Ajay Singh, who too suffered bullet injuries.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *