The global calcium carbonate market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. Significant applications of calcium carbonate in the plastics and paper industry are the major factor in driving the market growth. Calcium carbonate is used as an alternative in papermaking and is regarded as a major filler in the manufacturing of uncoated digital printing paper. Calcium carbonate improves several properties of paper, including dimensional stability, opacity, write ability, brightness, sheet formation, and printability, and supports enhanced furnish drainage rate, productivity, and machine speed. The major cause behind the potential use of calcium carbonate is the demand for bulkier and brighter paper.
To Request a Sample of our Report on Global Calcium Carbonate Market: https://www.omrglobal.com/request-sample/calcium-carbonate-market
Ground calcium carbonate (GCC) has high brightness and is cost-effective. It develops a porous surface on the paper sheet owing to its rhombohedral particle shape. Additionally, precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) is a low-cost mineral for the production of high-quality paper and paperboard through the substitution of huge costly additives, wood pulp, or other minerals. Coating PCC has benefits over GCC owing to its superior gloss and opacity. Owing to these potential uses, the growth in the paper industry is offering additional opportunities for market growth. For instance, as per the International Energy Agency (IEA), the global paper and paperboard output rose by more than 25% between 2000 and 2018. The growing paper production is in turn, accelerating the growth of the market.
(Get 15% Discount on Buying this Report)
A full Report of Global Calcium Carbonate Market is Available at: https://www.omrglobal.com/industry-reports/calcium-carbonate-market
Scope of the Global Calcium Carbonate Market
- Market number available for 2019-2026
- Base year- 2019
- Forecast period- 2020-2026
- Segment Covered- By Type and End-User Industry
- Regions Covered- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Competitive Landscape- Imerys S.A., Omya International AG, Minerals Technologies Inc., J.M. Huber Corp., and Mississippi Lime Co.
Recent Strategic Initiatives in the Global Calcium Carbonate Market
- In August 2019, Mississippi Lime Co. acquired Calera, Alabama lime business of Covia, operating historically as Southern Lime. Covia supplies high-calcium quicklime and hydrated lime products to customers in the Southeastern US, and across several end-uses and applications. This acquisition enhances Mississippi Lime’s manufacturing facilities to nine locations, led by a network of distribution locations throughout the US. The Southern Lime business and its Calera, AL facility will be completely integrated into Mississippi Lime.
- In March 2019, Huber Engineered Materials (HEMs), declared the acquisition of Miller Chemical & Fertilizer, LLC. The Miller acquisition further enhances HEM’s mission to establish a diverse portfolio in the mineral and chemical markets.
Global Calcium Carbonate Market-Segmentation
- Ground Calcium Carbonate
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate
By End-User Industry
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Paints and Coatings
Global Calcium Carbonate Market– Segment by Region
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of the World
- Agsco Corp.
- Blue Mountain Minerals
- Calchem Industries, Ltd.
- Calcinor Servicios S.A.
- Chemical & Mineral Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Fujian Sanmu Nano Calcium Carbonate Co., Ltd.
- GLC Minerals, LLC
- Greer Industries, Inc.
- Gulshan Polyols, Ltd (GPL)
- Imerys S.A.
- M. Huber Corp.
- Kerford Limestone
- LafargeHolcim, Ltd.
- Lhoist Group
- Maruo Calcium Co. Ltd.
- Minerals Technologies, Inc.
- Mississippi Lime Co.
- Mountain Minerals and Microns, Ltd.
- Newpark Resources, Inc.
- Okutama Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Omya International AG
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Provale Holding S/A
- Schaefer Kalk Sdn Bhd
- SCR Sibelco N.V.
- Shiraishi Kogyo Kaisha, Ltd.
- United States Lime & Minerals, Inc.
- US Aggregates
Reasons to Buying From us –
- We cover more than 15 major industries, further segmented into more than 90 sectors.
- More than 120 countries are for analysis.
- Over 100+ paid data sources mined for investigation.
- Our expert research analysts answer all your questions before and after purchasing your report.
For More Customized Data, Request for Report Customization @ https://www.omrglobal.com/report-customization/calcium-carbonate-market
About Orion Market Research
Orion Market Research (OMR) is a market research and consulting company known for its crisp and concise reports. The company is equipped with an experienced team of analysts and consultants. OMR offers quality syndicated research reports, customized research reports, consulting and other research-based services.
Company Name: Orion Market Research
Contact Person: Mr. Anurag Tiwari
Contact no: +91 7803040404
Press Release Distributed by Xherald